Desktop publishing is the art of organizing and presenting information, creating documents and literature for various uses.
We offer desktop publishing and document design services, and can create a range of different types of documents, including newsletters, technical documentation, advertising and promotional materials.
As well as desktop publishing, we can offer a complete document design service, from the initial technical writing or copyediting to designing and building a finished document and then proofreading the text. We can also create artwork and illustrations and prepare photographs for your documents.
Desktop Publishing Services
- Create documents from supplied text, pictures and artwork.
- We can take your ideas or sketches and create professional documents, ready for print, web or email.
- We can work to an existing design style guide.
- We can create graphics and illustrations for your documents.
- We offer photo editing and enhancement to make your images look their best.
Documents can be prepared for print, or can be supplied as Adobe Acrobat PDF files for email distribution or web sites.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Other Document Design Services
Photos and Images for Your Documents
We can enhance and edit your photographs and images, and save them in the correct size and format for your print, web or other projects.
Graphic Design and Artwork for your documents
We can create graphics, illustrations and artwork ready for print, web or other projects.
As well as document design, we can offer a range of document services, including technical writing, copyediting, and proofreading.
Desktop Publishing and Document Design Information
The Document Creation Process (for Print or PDF)
From text writing to completed document.
This is a typical workflow.
Some or all of these steps may be involved, depending on your requirements.
- Discuss the client’s requirements, including type of document, type of content, design style, colour scheme, how the document will be printed, etc.
- Receive text, images, artwork, and an outline of the document design requirements from the client.
- Proofread or edit the text, or write text content for technical documents (such as manuals) if required.
- Prepare photographs (including colour adjustment, image resizing or photo editing,)
- Create illustrations and graphics, diagrams, charts, or other artwork for the document.
- Begin the document design, incorporating text, images and graphics to create the finished document.
- Check the document for errors and proofread the text again.
- Show the finished document to the client (with a larger document we would probably discuss the work part way through the design process).
- Make any required changes or additions to the document.
- Supply the finished document to client in agreed format (PDF, original InDesign files, etc).
Please contact us if you wish to discuss any projects you may have.
Design Software Training
If you would like to be able to do more of your own design work, we can arrange training in professional desktop publishing and design software.
Please visit Design Training for more information.